Over the last two seasons Exeter City have created a valuable team of volunteer and enthusiastic ambassadors who provide all supporters with information, and assist with feedback, enquiries and complaints at all first team home matchdays at St James Park.
The ambassador programme started from a desire to meet the needs of new supporters and in particular families making their first visit, but has blossomed beyond all expectations. The sole aim of the role is to ensure that all supporters (home and away, young and old, new and existing, male or female) have the opportunity to enjoy a memorable experience whilst playing a key role in delivering the best service possible. Judging by the email@example.com
burgeoning mail box, they are already more than achieving this.
Club ambassadors are currently positioned outside of the stadium to help, offering a friendly-face, accurate information, genuine welcome and support to all who attend our games. A lot of progress on the supporter service front has been made by the ambassadors but it does feel like we are only scratching the surface, and need even more volunteers to help us achieve all our ambitions.
There was a recent appeal to expand the team to take real ownership to help inside the stadium as well. In addition to these vacancies (which are still open) for volunteers for the 45 minutes leading to kick off we would also like to staff our all weather Information Point in Red Square. This could be as an individual, partners, friends or a group of supporters.
If you are interested in this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help us to create a safe and enjoyable environment for supporters
- Assist fans getting around the Stadium to the correct destination/collection point
- Provide information to fans on the local area, community and public transport
- Have a good knowledge of SJP to allow fans to quickly move around the Stadium to give assistance where needed
- To take note of all the valuable fan comments, suggestion and complaints to give reports and feedback to the Supporter Liaison Officer in order to improve the fan experience.
- Give accessibility support to Home and Away supporters
- Use a well-rounded knowledge of football and City in particular to assist fans in the best possible way
- Commit to work all our home matchdays
To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and employees.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Our expectations are high but a willing volunteer(s) is the only real priority. Full training and support will be provided.
Hours of Information Point
- A strong team player who is City through and through with a keen interest in football
- An outgoing persona and willingness to assist our supporters get the service they deserve
- An empathetic approach to all supporters
- Ability to work on a team as well on your own without supervision in a busy environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice. We actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
: Matchdays (approximately 1 hour per matchday)
31 March 2017
If you are interested in this role please contact: email@example.com.