Organisation: Exeter City Football Club
Location: South West England
Type of Contract: Part Time – Fixed Term (reviewed annually)
Salary: Competitive (discussed at interview)
Job Title: Academy Regional Scout
Department: Academy Talent ID & Recruitment
Reporting to: Head of Academy Recruitment & Academy Leadership Team
Exeter City FC invites applications to fill the vacant positions of Academy Regional Scouts. The successful candidates will be expected to cover a region within the club’s catchment area and help to identify & recruit players into the Academy’s three-tiered Player Progression Pathway. Positions are vacant in the following areas:
- North Devon
- Plymouth & East Cornwall
- South Devon
- At all times conduct yourself as an ambassador of Exeter City Football Club in a positive and professional manner.
- Adhere to Club, EPPP, EFL & Premier League scouting & recruitment policies at all times.
- Responsible for the identification of the best young players each season in a specified geographical region.
- Responsible for the identification of the best young players each season in specified target positions or age groups.
- Attend games weekly on behalf of Exeter City Football Club, as agreed with the Head of Academy Recruitment.
- Develop excellent working relationships with local clubs within a specified region.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Exeter City Football Club Academy recruitment strategy at local and national level, for all ages.
- Provide the Head of Academy Recruitment with accurate and timely match/player reports for every game attended on behalf of Exeter City Football Club.
- Maintain regular and concise communication with the Head of Academy Recruitment.
- Be prepared to conduct any other duties to enhance the recruitment process, as designated by the Head of Academy Recruitment.
The Academy Regional Scouts should:
- Hold the FA Talent ID Level One qualification.
- Have a current (in date) FA Safeguarding children certificate.
- Possess a full & clean driving licence.
- Have a current (in date) FA DBS check.
- Be willing to take responsibility and follow tasks to a successful completion.
- Have effective & efficient communication skills at all levels.
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Adopt a positive and enthusiastic outlook towards the club’s Talent ID & Recruitment processes.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and all candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK.
Please send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to Dan Kelly (Head of Academy Recruitment) by Friday August, 10, 2018 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday, August 10, 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday, August 13, 2018