Exeter City AFC Ltd are looking to recruit a Strength & Conditioning Coach to assist in the implementation of an athletic development programme and help develop the delivery of the sport science model and provide support to Physiotherapists in the rehabilitation of players with long-term injuries.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Plan and deliver athletic development sessions to professional players.
- Provide strength and conditioning programmes to all professional players and assist with development of youth players transitioning through to the first team.
- Collect, analyse and report on GPS Match Day and Training Data.
- Assist in the delivery and development of the sport science programme.
- Assist in the rehabilitation and conditioning of players with long-term injuries.
- Assist and develop the monitoring of training load through GPS, HR, Wellbeing and, performance and fatigue testing.
- Assist in the development of relationships to the University and the undertaking of internships.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with this role are completed in a timely fashion.
- A degree in the field of Sports Science and/or Strength & Conditioning (MSc Preferred).
- Be accredited with the UKSCA.
- Recent and relevant professional experience within elite sport.
- Have experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of programmes for professional athletes at elite level.
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Be an enthusiastic, open minded, critical thinker with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Have excellent IT skills.
- Have a Full UK Driving License
- Preferably have experience within professional football.
- Have experience leading & managing large groups of players.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work independently and use their initiative.
- Experience delivering football/position specific ADP sessions.
- Have a minibus license.
- Excellent IT skills to include the use of Google Drive, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Engaging, Driven, Co-operative person
If you wish to apply please complete an application form and send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter FAO Adey Saunderson (Head Physiotherapist) Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email email@example.com
The closing date for this post is 5pm on Wednesday, April 24 2019.
Interview Date: 1st interview date 01/05/2019, 2nd round 6-7/05/2019.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.