- Organisation: Exeter City Football Club
- Location: Exeter
- Type of Contract: Casual, Seasonal (August 2019 – July 2020)
- Salary: Competitive hourly rate, discussed at interview
- Job Title: Performance Centre Age Group Coach
- Department: Academy Coaching
- Reporting to: Performance Centre Head Coach
Our ECFC Performance Centre sits at tier 2 of our Player Progression Pathway and acts as a vital step between the Advanced Development Centres and Academy football. The Performance Centre runs once a week, during school term time, covering all aspects of the ECFC Cycle of Play and Core Skills programme.
ECFC Academy require inspirational and engaging individuals to contribute to the delivery of football coaching at the Performance Centre.
- Prioritising the safety, enjoyment and development of all players and any trialists.
- Planning and coaching sessions for an age group or multiple age groups.
- Liaising with Performance Centre Head Coach, ADC Co-ordinator, and Head of Academy Recruitment on the performance of existing players and trialists.
- Attending Coach CPD events.
- Hold the FA Level 2 or UEFA 'B' coaching licence.
- Up to date Level 2 or 3 CPD hours.
- Hold the FA Youth Award.
- Have a current (in date) FA Safeguarding qualification.
- Have a current (in date) FA First Aid qualification.
- Have a current (in date) FA DBS check.
- Have recent and relevant experience working with elite young football players.
- Have effective and efficient communication skills at all levels.
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Roles and responsibilities and person specification:
Please click here to download the job description.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Formand send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email: email@example.com.
- The closing date is: 5pm on Monday, December 23 2019.
- Interview date: Tuesday 7th January 2020 (5.30pm to 8.30pm).
- Interview format: Short practical assessment & Informal interview discussion with key staff & focus groups.
All candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK. ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in shortlistings and interviewed for the vacant position.