Exeter City Football Club are looking to recruit an experienced Events Manager to manage all events here at St James Park.
We are looking for candidates with the initiative, interpersonal skills and can do approach required for this exciting but challenging role.
Candidates should have excellent organisational and team working skills, an eye for detail and an informed knowledge of current Health and Safety practices with a flexible proactive attitude.
At St James Park we believe in offering a fantastic service and creating a great atmosphere and experience for all of our customers.
The club has completed the development of the new stand and we have positive changes taking place throughout the club including this exciting opportunity for an Events Manager to join the Commercial Team on a fixed term, part time basis.
The main purpose of this role:
This role will involve the managing of events from start to finish, being responsible for overseeing every aspect of the planning process and delivering exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
The post holder will work closely with promoters, production companies, contractors and technicians as well as many departments at the club to ensure customers go away having experienced a first class service and their expectations met if not exceeded. Design a strategy to drive new events, retain customers whilst embracing change and promoting a positive image of The Club at all times.
Candidates will need to demonstrable experience of directly managing a broad variety of complex events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility for all events throughout the club.
- Build and develop new strategies and ideas for new events.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure the events calendar is maintained and available to the Commercial team.
- Have a good understanding of budgets, cost control, sales, overheads, profit and loss.
- Ensure all events sales and marketing data is regularly updated and accurate and liaise with the Marketing
- Manager and Commercial team regarding sales and marketing needs.
- Liaise with the Head of Ticketing & Retail regarding the process for ticket sales.
- Report and liaise regularly with the Head of Commercial regarding event requirements and performance.
- Liaise with the Head of Food and Beverage regarding any food and drink and stock requirements for events.
- Ensure all event areas are clean and tidy liaising where necessary with internal and external providers.
- Ensure all event environments are hygienic and a safe working environment is maintained.
- Report any site/maintenance issues.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to financial authorities when signing off invoices associated with the events ensuring they are correct and forwarded promptly to the Finance Department.
- Comply with and implement all legislation requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you.
If you wish to apply please complete an application form and send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter to Nicky Perryman, HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email email@example.com
The closing date for this post is 5pm on Friday, February 8 2019.
All applicants invited for interview will be requested to provide a short presentation, full details of this will be provided at invite to interview stage.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.