Exeter City AFC Ltd are looking to recruit a committed and passionate first team lead physiotherapist who will work closely with the first team manager, coaching staff and players.
- Assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal conditions related to players within the first team squad and the implementation of appropriate treatment, movement analysis and progressive rehabilitation strategies.
- Pre-training management of players including strapping and taping and administration of treatment as required.
- Close liaison with the club doctor, sports scientists and other members of the multidisciplinary team to optimise player medical care and performance.
- Delivery of individual and squad-based injury prevention programmes based on screening, past medical history and injury trends.
- The examination and assessment of all new players prior to signing for the club.
- Implementing strategies to maximising player performance on the football field from a medical perspective.
- Reporting of all injuries to the manager and coaching staff and provide updates on all player’s rehabilitation progress.
- Arrange consultations with medical personnel and any relevant investigation related to an injury e.g. MRI scan, X-ray appointments and coordinate any other forms of specialist treatments.
- Complete comprehensive, accurate, reliable and confidential medical records for all professional players.
- Coordinate and manage other medical staff.
- Provide medical cover for all first team matches and training sessions ensuring coordination of a 7 day a week treatment and rehabilitation service.
- Be involved in clinical governance and maintain professional registration.
- Complete all administrative tasks relevant to your role.
- Attend all football management team meetings.
- Ensure any training needs are identified through appraisal.
- Any other duties as required by the football club within the reasonable demands of the role.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree.
- Registration with CSP and HCPC.
- Valid or history of ATMMiF course.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience including time spent working within a team sport.
- Experience using GPS for rehabilitation, return to play & workload management.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good IT skills.
- Good organisation skills, to keep records, prioritise & manage time effectively.
- Good communication skills, able interact and engage with a wide range of staff.
- Ability to think critically & problem solve to support players & staff.
- A strong work ethic.
- Capable of working independently, using initiative & working under pressure.
- Ability to learn & develop within the role.
- A full Drivers Licence.
If you wish to apply please complete an application form and send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter to the HR Department, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is 5pm on Thursday, June 11, 2019
Interview Date: W/C 17 June 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.