Exeter City AFC Ltd are looking to recruit a committed and passionate first team Goalkeeping Coach who will work closely with the first team manager, coaching staff and players.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and delivering the club’s goalkeeping strategy.
This is to include continual review and development of the strategy to ensure an environment is available to facilitate ongoing development and success through effective mentoring and coaching covering both technical and tactical aspects.
The role will be based at our training facility, the Cliff Hill training ground and the working hours will be based around the training schedule and fixtures and will involve working evenings, weekends and match days.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To implement and develop an engaging coaching programme.
- To establish and maintain a positive, high quality learning environment in which goalkeepers progress as individuals and as part of a team.
- To ensure all technical and tactical aspects of the programme are covered, delivered and reinforced through effective coaching and mentoring.
- To prepare the goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
- To monitor and report on the performance and progress of all goalkeepers ensuring evaluation against established goals.
- To work with the player recruitment team to identify and scout potential goalkeeping target players.
- To complete all administrative tasks including monitoring of all goalkeeper records.
- To attend all football management team meetings.
- To ensure any training needs identified through appraisal.
- Any other duties as required by the football club within the reasonable demands of the role.
- UEFA B goalkeeping licence or working towards.
- Experience of goalkeeping coaching in a professional football club environment.
- Experience of designing and implementing goalkeeping development programmes.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Previous professional playing experience would be desirable.
- Degree in sports development, coaching or science would be desirable.
- Ensure all qualifications are maintained through a programme of CPD ensuring the ability to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change.
- Capable of working independently, using own initiative and working under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate, interact and engage with a wide range of staff.
- Extremely well organised, assertive and have strong time management skills.
- Be committed, enthusiastic, passionate and open minded.
- Be a critical thinker.
- Have a strong flexible work ethic.
- Possess excellent IT skills.
- A full drivers licence.
If you wish to apply please complete an application form and send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter to the HR Department, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is 5pm on Monday, May 20 2019.
The interview date is expected to be Monday 10/Tuesday 11 June 2019.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.