Exeter City AFC Ltd are looking to recruit a committed and passionate first team physiotherapist who will work closely with the first team manager, coaching staff and players.
The successful candidate will provide physiotherapy services to the first teamensuring the delivery of accurate and effective assessments and diagnosis ofinjuries, ensuring the implementation of injury prevention strategies in conjunction with the sports science and strength and conditioning team.
The role will be based at our training facility, Cliff Hill Training Ground and the working hours will be based around the training schedule and fixtures and will involve working evenings, weekends and match days so a flexible work approachis essential.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal conditions related to players within the first team squad and the implementation of appropriate treatment, movement analysis and progressive rehabilitation strategies.
- Pre training management of players including strapping and taping and administration of treatment as required.
- Close liaison with the Club Doctor, Sports Scientists and other members of the multidisciplinary team to optimise player medical care and performance.
- Delivery of individual and squad-based injury prevention programmes based on screening, past medical history and injury trends.
- The examination and assessment of all new players prior to signing for the club.
- Implementing strategies to maximising player performance on the football field from a medical perspective.
- Reporting of all injuries to the manager and coaching staff and provide updates on all player’s rehabilitation progress.
- Arrange consultations with medical personnel and any relevant investigation related to an injury e.g. MRI scan, X-ray appointments and coordinate any other forms of specialist treatments.
- Complete comprehensive, accurate, reliable and confidential medical records for all professional players.
- Coordinate and manage other medical staff.
- Provide medical cover for all first team matches and training sessions ensuring coordination of a 7 day a week treatment and rehabilitation service.
- Be involved in clinical governance and maintain professional registration.
- Complete all administrative tasks relevant to your role.
- Attend all football management team meetings.
- Ensure any training needs are identified through your appraisal.
- Any other duties as required by the football club within the reasonable demands of the role.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree.
- Registration with CSP and HCPC.
- Valid ATMMiF course.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience including 2 years working within a team sport.
- Demonstration of role relevant CPD for past 2 years.
- Experience of working with Sport Science and Data Analysis (workload management).
- Experience of organising nutritional schedules.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Capable of working independently, using own initiative and working under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate, interact and engage with a wide range of staff.
- Extremely well organised, assertive and have strong time management skills.
- Be committed, enthusiastic, passionate and open minded.
- Must have the ability to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change.
- Be a critical thinker & proactive problem solver.
- Have a strong flexible & adaptable work ethic.
- Possess excellent IT skills.
- A full Drivers Licence.
If you wish to apply please complete an application form and send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter to the HR Department, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is 5pm on Friday, May 17 2019.
Interview Date: 1st interview date 01/05/2019, 2nd round 6-7/05/2019.
The interview date is expected to be towards the end of week commencing 20th May 2019/the beginning of week commencing 27th May 2019.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.