Here at St James Park we believe in offering a fantastic service and creating a great atmosphere and experience for all of our customers and visitors.
If you have excellent communication skills, enjoy meeting new people, have a flair for customer service we would love to hear from you.
- Sign in and out and attend pre match briefings.
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the geographical layout of the Stadium, in particular its exit and entry routes and facilities.
- Be capable of recognising potential hazards and suspect packages, reporting any findings immediately to a Supervisor, Chief Steward, Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Comply promptly with any instruction given by a superior.
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among Spectators and report findings to a superior.
- Monitor the Spectators throughout the Stadium for signs of distress or overcrowding.
- Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear at all times.
- Assist as required in the evacuation of the Stadium.
- Previous experience of managing Spectators at sporting events either as a Safety Steward or in another capacity is preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Must be able to communicate calmly and effectively with Spectators at all levels at all times particularly under hostile and challenging circumstances.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- A good level of physical fitness/mobility/strength
- Flexible, motivated and committed.
- 18 years+ (minimum for this role).
Applicants must have or be able to achieve an NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety within one year of accepting post or as soon as practicable thereafter.
Hours will primarily be weekends and evenings and will vary based on home matches as well as other events we may host throughout the year. Hours may fit around other commitments offering flexibility and making this role a fantastic opportunity.
Roles and responsibilities and person specification:
Please click here to download the job description.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Formand Equality Monitoring Form and send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email: email@example.com
Seasonal recruitment, therefore no closing date.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.