Exeter City have an exciting opportunity for someone to take on the role of editor of our award-winning programme The Grecian.
The role is two days a week – on Mondays and Tuesdays – based on when there is a home game on the Saturday. There is also the opportunity for additional hours (on a Wednesday and Thursday) when we have a midweek programme the following week.
The successful candidate will need to be an accurate and engaging writer, have an eye for design and a skill for proof-reading.
We are also looking for someone who is organised, a good communicator and is enthusiastic about football and Exeter City.
ROLE: Programme editor
CONTRACT: Part-time permanent
LOCATION: St James Park
SALARY: Competitive - paid per programme
REPORTING TO: Media manager
Role and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the production of the matchday programme The Grecian for all home first-team fixtures, excluding the Leasing.com Trophy.
- Organising a team of programme contributors to make sure that copy is received in a timely manner to allow print deadlines to be met.
- Proof-reading copy sent in by contributors and ensuring that it meets the style, tone and accuracy that the programme requires.
- Working with our programme designers Seen In Design to make sure that copy and pictures are displayed in an attractive manner.
- Communicating with the commercial department so that the programme adverting is correct and up-to-date.
- Working with opposition football clubs to get information, pictures and headshots of their team for use in the matchday programme.
- Interviewing players, members of staff and supporters for features where necessary.
- Keeping stats up-to-date on player appearances, goals and assists for use in the matchday programme.
- Coming up with new ideas for programme content.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an equality monitoring form, an application form and write a 400-word fans' travel guide for our upcoming match away at Crewe Alexandra and send these, along with a covering letter, to:
HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The equality monitoring form can be downloaded here
The application form can be downloaded here
The closing date for this position is 5pm on Friday, September 20, 2019.