At Exeter City FC Academy we are seeking coaches who are passionate about developing the young people of the South West, as well as being interested in applying, stretching, and extending their own coaching knowledge.
If this applies to you, we have several opportunities to coach at our Regional Advanced Development Centres (ADCs). Our six Regional ADCs sit at Tier 3 of our Player and Coach Progression Pathway and act as a vital first step towards Academy football.
These ADCs run once a week during school term time covering all aspects of the ECFC Cycle of Play and Core Skills Programme.
ECFC Academy require multiple individuals to contribute to the delivery of football coaching at the following centres:
Dorset ADC @ TBC
East Devon ADC @ Axminster: Monday – 18:30 – 20:00
Exeter & Mid Devon ADC @ Exeter: Monday – 17:30 – 19:00
North Devon ADC @ Barnstaple: Monday – 17:30 – 19:00
Somerset ADC @ Bridgwater: Monday – 18:00 – 19:30
South Devon ADC @ Paignton: Tuesday – 17:30 – 19:00
Goalkeepers ADC @ Exeter: Friday – 17:30 – 19:00
The successful applicants will be required to deliver relevant, innovative and enjoyable coaching practices. They will also need to be experienced in planning, reviewing and providing feedback to players and parents to assist with the all-round development of young football players.
Successful applicants must adhere to our Code of Conduct and uphold and demonstrate the values, standards and behaviours expected by Exeter City Football Club both inside & outside the Club.
- Type of Contract: Casual – Fixed Term (August 2021 – July 2022)
- Location: Axminster/Barnstaple/Bridgwater/Dorset/Exeter/Paignton
- Hourly Rate: Competitive session rate
- Job Title: Advanced Development Centre Coach
- Department: Academy Coaching
- Reporting to: ADC Head Coach, Futures Logistics Coordinator, Futures Coach Developer, and Head of Academy Recruitment
- Develop young players who aspire to play high quality possession-based football for ECFC.
- Prepare for & coach a training session each week with one or more designated age groups.
- Liaise with the ADC Head Coach regarding Pathway Taster Sessions.
- Progress talented young players through the Pathway.
- Attend Continued Professional Development events.
- Hold the UEFA level 2 coaching licence.
- Up to date Level 2 CPD hours.
- Hold the FA Youth Award.
- Have a current (in date) BFAS/ EFAiF qualification.
- Have a current (in date) FA DBS check.
- Have recent and relevant experience working with elite young football players.
- Have effective & efficient communication skills at all levels.
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Adopt a positive and enthusiastic outlook towards the use of sports psychology and match analysis that will encourage players to do the same.
To view the Person Specification in full, please click here.
To view the Job Description in full, please click here.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email email@example.com
Only completed applications that are sent directly to HR will be accepted. Any applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Interview format: Telephone pre-interview screening followed by short practical assessment & Informal interview discussion with key staff & focus groups.
All candidates will require a DBS Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short - listings and interviewed for the vacant position.