We currently have an opportunity within our Academy to work as part of our casual coaching team as an Academy Goalkeeper Coach.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about coaching and developing are youth players by supporting, guiding, and directing talented young players to maximise their potential in sporting performance & personal excellence within the Academy.
As part of this role the successful candidate will need to:
- Support the delivery of relevant, innovative & enjoyable coaching practices.
- Prepare for & coach in 2/3 training sessions per week with varying age groups.Prepare and coach FDP/YDP age group’s matches as part of the games programme.
- Develop young players who aspire to play high quality possession-based football for ECFC.
- Liaise with Head of Academy Recruitment (HoR) and lead regarding trialists.
- Plan, evaluate and record all training sessions ensuring that all important factors are covered appropriately (5 pillars, cycle of play, individual, unit, team).
- Record training and match details for team and individuals on PMA.
- Undertake 6x weekly recorded reviews with individual players on achievement and progress
- Uphold and demonstrate the values, standards and behaviours expected by ECFC both inside & outside the Club.
Hours of work will be approximately 3 hours per session, and you will work 2/3 sessions per week and this will involve weekend and evening work. Hourly rate is competitive and will be agreed as per the Academy Coaching Pay Scale.
Job description and specification
For the full job description, please click here.
For the full person specification, please click here.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email email@example.com
Only completed applications that are sent directly to HR will be accepted. Any applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
The closing date is: 5pm on Friday, September 17, 2021
Telephone pre-screening date: TBC
Interview date: To be confirmed
Interview format:Short practical assessment and Informal interview discussion with key staff and focus groups.
All candidates will require a DBS Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short- listings and interviewed for the vacant position.