We are looking to recruit part-time academy sports therapists/Physiotherapists to provide evening and weekend cover academy matches.
This will involve a combination of rehabilitation clinics and match day cover across the FDP/YDP and PDP age ranges (age group ranging between 8-18 years but primarily centred with the FDP/YDP). The contract will be on a part-time basis with rehabilitation clinics lasting the length of training (3 hours) and home/away fixtures.
The applicant will contribute significantly to the vision of the SS&M department through logical and innovative thinking. Uphold and demonstrate the values, standards and behaviours expected by ECFC both inside & outside the Club.
Successful applicants must adhere to our Code of Conduct and uphold and demonstrate the values, standards and behaviours expected by Exeter City Football Club both inside & outside the Club.
- Type of Contract: Part-time, shift basis.
- Job Title: Part-time Academy Physiotherapist/Therapist
- Department: Sport Science and Medicine
- Reporting to: Head of Sport Science and Medicine
- Deliver and lead rehabilitation clinics including assessments and rehab sessions to ensure a safe, timely return to training/competition.
- Deliver pitch-side emergency first aid and appropriate training of part-time medical staff to provide a safe environment for players.
- Provide a timely and accurate diagnosis, treatment plan and anticipated return to play timeframe following injury.
- Maintain medical records, injuries, and incidents in line with HCPC standards (for iso/EPPP purposes)
- Contribute to MDT discussions to continually drive the department forward through innovative thinking and collaboration with other departments.
- Adopt an evidence-based approach to rehabilitation and return to play following musculoskeletal injuries
- Degree in Physiotherapy/Sports therapy or rehabilitation.
- To have completed the FA ITMMiF (desirable but not essential).
- To have a current DBS check
- To have a clear and full driving licence
- Have recent and relevant working experience
- Have effective & efficient communication skills at all levels.
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Click here to view a detailed job description.
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Form via the link below.
Any applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
The closing date is: 5.00pm Friday 3rd November 2023
Interview date: Weeks commencing 6th November 2023
Interview format: Telephone pre-interview screening followed by an in-person interview panel, presentation and practical (details will be sent with interview invitation).
All candidates will require a DBS Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK.
ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short- listings and interviewed for the vacant position.