Everyone’s a Winner with the City Foundation!
What is the City Foundation?
The Exeter City Foundation is a not-for-profit lottery scheme, whereby any surpluses are ploughed back into ‘good causes’ at the Club.
Anyone can join the Foundation. By paying just £10 per month (£120 per year), you become eligible for the monthly £1,000 prize and weekly £100 prizes. There are other benefits too – eg. Season Ticket holders qualify for a 10% discount on their ticket for the 2013/14 season.
On joining, you will receive a membership card with your unique Foundation number. All fully paid up members are entered into the monthly draw, conducted in the last week of the month (the weekly draws for that month are made at the same time). Winners are notified by email, with a mention also on the club website and in the matchday programme.
Winners are invited to receive their cheque on the pitch before a suitable home game or we send your cheque through the post – as will happen during the close season.
It’s a great opportunity – why not tell your friends and family!
Money can’t buy prizes
With the start of the 2013/14 season just around the corner, we are happy to announce the introduction of ‘Money Can’t Buy’ prizes for Foundation members:
• Director for the Day – on a matchday, join Chairman Edward Chorlton and fellow Directors for the game and watch from a premium seat in the Flybe Stand. Get to discuss the ins and outs of the match with both Exeter City and opposition big-wigs. Lunch also provided. (August draw, for a time TBA in September).
• Attend a training session at City’s Cat and Fiddle training ground – and lunch with the players afterwards. This is a great chance to see how competitive training can be, see and hear how the coaches take the players through the session. Have a chat over lunch with the players and coaching staff afterwards. (December draw, for the home match v Morecambe on Saturday 18th January 2014).
• View the match from the Press Box – sit alongside City’s Media Manager Richard Dorman in the Press Box with the other journalists and broadcasters covering the match. Rich will explain how he keeps note of the main action points in the game. See how City fans throughout the world are kept abreast of events through use of social media such as Twitter and Facebook in the high-tempo environment of live Football League action. (February draw, for the match v Accrington Stanley on Saturday 29th March 2014).
These prizes offer a unique insight for loyal fans to see how the Club works at close quarters, and offer great extra value for your Foundation membership.
How can I join?
Joining could not be easier. Just click here and you will be able to take out an initial two-month membership of the scheme online, you will immediately become eligible for the next monthly draw. Once you have set up a monthly standing order you will be confirmed as a Foundation member.
You can also come into Reception at St James Park and join by completing the application form and standing order mandate there and then.
Who benefits from the Foundation?
Any surplus money made over and above prizes paid out and necessary expenses is applied to good causes at the Club, including:
• The Youth Academy – continuing the production line of great Youth players with potential to play first-team football
• The Exeter City Football in the Community Charitable Trust (FITC) – working in partnership to deliver inspiring physical activity, health and wellbeing across Devon, including:
o Sports participation – eg soccer schools and tiny tot clubs for boys and girls
o Education programmes – BTEC, NVQ’s, and Duke of Edinburg awards
o Social inclusion projects – street soccer, ability counts, disability courses
o Health and fitness – numerous activities for youngsters, adults and veterans