Everyone’s a winner with the City Foundation!
What is the City Foundation?
The Exeter City Foundation is a not-for-profit lottery scheme, whereby any surpluses are ploughed back into ‘good causes’ at the club.
Anyone can join the Foundation. By paying just £10 per month (£120 per year), you become eligible for the monthly £1,000 prize and weekly £100 prizes.
Foundation members who purchase a season ticket qualify for an additional benefit. For season 2016/17 this is either a 'cash-back' of £23, the equivalent of £1 off for each home League match, or a voucher worth £30 to be spent in the club shop.
On joining, you will receive a membership card with your unique Foundation number. Draws take place each month for both the monthly and weekly prizes. The £1,000 prize winners have the opportunity of being presented with their prize on the pitch at the next home game (or one that is convenient to the winner). In all cases we wish to generate the maximum publicity for the scheme. Winners will also be posted on the club website, with the winners permission an article will be prepared for the matchday programme and may used as an item in the club's eNewsletter.
Winners who are unable to attend in person will receive their cheques through the post – as will happen during the close season.
It’s a great opportunity – why not tell your friends and family! Foundation members can earn up to £20 ‘cash back’ for introducing a new member who stays for over 12 months.
Money can’t buy prizes
‘Money Can’t Buy’ prizes for Foundation members were introduced for the 2013/14 season and proved a great success, so will continue for the current season. These are:
• Attend a training session at City’s Cat and Fiddle training ground – and lunch with the players afterwards. This is a great chance to see how competitive training can be, see and hear how the coaches take the players through the session. Have a chat over lunch with the players and coaching staff afterwards. This prize is will be drawn at the end of August, for a time TBA in September.
• Director for the Day – on a matchday, enjoy a lunch at the Directors table before the match and watch the game from a premium seat in the WTS Stand. This prize will be drawn at the end of December, for a match in the New Year.
• View the match from the Press Box – sit alongside City’s Media Manager Oliver Rodderick in the Press Box with the other journalists and broadcasters covering the match. The winner will see how he keeps note of the main action points in the game and how City fans throughout the world are kept abreast of events through use of social media such as Twitter and Facebook in the high-tempo environment of live Football League action. This prize will be drawn at the end of February, for a subsequent home game.
These prizes offer a unique insight for loyal fans to see how the Club works at close quarters, and offer great extra value for your Foundation membership.
How can I join?
Joining could not be easier. Just click here and you will be able to take out an initial two-month membership of the scheme on-line, you will immediately become eligible for the next monthly draw. Once you have set up a monthly standing order you will be confirmed as a Foundation member.
You can also come into Reception at St James Park and join by completing the application form and standing order mandate there and then. Alternatively you can email email@example.com
Who benefits from the Foundation?
Any surplus money made over and above prizes paid out and necessary expenses is applied to good causes at the Club, including:
• The Youth Academy – continuing the production line of great Youth players with potential to play first-team football
• The Exeter City Football in the Community Charitable Trust (FITC) – working in partnership to deliver inspiring physical activity, health and well-being across Devon, including:
- Sports participation – eg. soccer schools and tiny tot clubs for boys and girls
- Education programmes – BTEC, NVQ’s, and Duke of Edinburg awards
- Social inclusion projects – street soccer, ability counts, disability courses
- Health and fitness – numerous activities for youngsters, adults and veterans