Grecians to don third strip for the first time
After having permission granted by the Football League, Exeter City will be wearing the new yellow third strip for the first time when AFC Wimbledon visit St James Park on Saturday 17th August (kick-off 3pm).
Thanks to cooperation of the League and AFC Wimbledon – who will be wearing their all-white kit for the fixture – the new kit will grace the Park for the first time. The Grecians will line up in yellow shirts, blue shorts and blue and white socks.
As well as wearing the yellow kit, there will be a number of other goings-on at the Park, including:
• The bucket collection will go towards Children’s Aid, to help underprivileged children in Brazil
• Local youth samba troupe Samba Marcianas will be providing entertainment in and around the stadium to help build the carnival atmosphere
• Brazilian Soccer School will be doing demonstrations on the pitch pre-match
• TV Globo, Brazil’s most-watch television station, will be in attendance to run a news report on Exeter City
• Brazilian passport-holders can come free (if they collect a ticket before Friday from Reception at St James Park)
• The stadium will be decorated with Brazilian flags and banners to help add to the colourful occasion