A look at our brand new matchday programme for the Portsmouth clashOur new-look 80-page matchday programme for the first game of the 2014/15 season against Portsmouth is packed with loads of fresh material.
For the first time this season, our programme will be designed by The Graphic Design House and printed by Bishops Printers. The two companies are specialists in the realm of football and produce unique, bespoke programmes from clubs ranging from the Premier League to non-League.
Last season the duo won the award Premier League Programme of the Season from Programme Monthly, for their innovative and creative work with Southampton FC.
In this Saturday’s programme you will find:
• ‘Setting Goals’ – Tom Nichols talks about leading the line for Exeter City
• A captain’s column from newly-appointed Grecians skipper Scot Bennett
• Manager’s notes from City boss Paul Tisdale
• Former Exeter City and Portsmouth man Vince Hilaire talks about the ambitions of his two old clubs
• Pen pics, defining moments and other information about our visitors from Hampshire
• Exminster-born George Ley chats about playing for Exeter and Portsmouth – and man-marking Pelé
• Match round-ups from the pre-season friendlies at SJP
• A summer round-up from Supporters’ Trust chairman Laurence Overend
• The first instalment as we look back at the 1989/90 title-winning season, 25 years on
• Under-18 manager Lee Skyrme talks about pre-season preparation
• Ladies’ report from the friendly fixture in Cardiff
• Former Racing Post journalist Tony Morris on his 28-year apprenticeship writing about horseracing, which finally earned him a column in The Grecian
• 20 Questions to get your neurones whirring
• … and more!
The Grecian will be on sale for the usual price of £3 around the ground at St James Park.