Staff discovered the 'five things you should know about dementia'Staff from the Club and Football in the Community together with Supporters Trust representatives attended the second Dementia Friends workshop to be held at the Club this year.
The awareness raising session was delivered by Gina Awad from Exeter Dementia Action Alliance. The Club, FitC and the Trust are all members of the Alliance.
Gina introduced attendees to the 'five things you should know about dementia'. These are:
- It’s not a natural part of ageing
- It’s caused by diseases of the brain
- It’s not just about losing your memory – it can affect thinking, communicating and doing everyday tasks
- It’s possible to live well with dementia
- There’s more to a person than the dementia
The Exeter City home game against Luton Town on 26 November will be this year's One Game One Community designated match with the theme of dementia action.
For more on the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance, please click here.