Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

💬 Forte: "One of the main things, for me, is that he (Matt) seems genuine which is what I look for."

City's latest recruit Jonathan Forte on joining City

26 June 2018

Exeter City’s latest signing Jonathan Forte says he is raring to go after completing his move to St James Park.

Forte, who played 38 times for Notts County scoring 10 goals last season, makes the move to Devon having departed Meadow Lane at the end of the 2017/18 season, and City’s latest recruit says after being left impressed by his new club, he can’t wait to get going.

He said: “It’s great, it’s not taken that long. The second I came down to look at the facilities and spoke to the manager it was near enough a done deal.

“I can’t wait for Monday now, I’ve been off for around six or seven weeks so I’m raring to go now”

The 31-year-old also explained how he was convinced to make the move to Devon by manager Matt Taylor and wants to go one better after missing out on promotion last season with Notts County in the League Two play-off semi-finals.

He continued: “One of the main things, for me, is that he (Matt) seems genuine which is what I look for. He said that we aren’t the biggest club in the world, but we want to get promoted. Of course, both clubs (City and Notts County) had bad times last year in the play-offs so I thought I have to give it another go and try to get promoted with Exeter.”

Known for his pace as well as his ability to find the net, Jonathan also feels that his Football League experience can only benefit the City dressing room as he looks to settle in amongst a couple of familiar faces.

He said: “I know two or three players that I’ve played with before. I’ve done some research on the club and I’ve played against them as well, so I know a fair bit.”

“I’ve been around for a bit, so I know my way around League One and Two and slightly higher, so it stands me in good stead.”


Advertisement block