This week Exeter City submitted an application to be the EFL League 2 Family Club of the Year.
The competition will be fierce as we compete against past winners and very strong contenders.
While the award has been around for a number of years, our only previous application was in 2016.
We hope that all supporters will identify with our video co-hosts Harry Court and Sebastian Looker and be proud of the sentiments in the 2018 video application.
We wish both continuity announcers every success in the judging. We hope you will agree that when it comes to 'family' our standards are high but know that we still have a lot to do and offer.
Family is at the heart of everything Exeter City do, and we pride ourselves on what we offer as a League Two club. This season we opened the brand new Junior Grecian Family Zone, and JG members have almost hit 500!
The 2018 EFL Awards will take place on Sunday, April 15 at The London Hilton on Park Lane.
Our supporting 1000 word application included the following bullet points:
- The 'experienced' mystery family visitors, who make two unannounced visits to each club under the separate EFL Family Excellence programme, commended the vibrancy in Red Square 'as exceeding my expectations' on their first visit to SJP this season.
- The demolition of the old Stagecoach grandstand meant that two function rooms would be lost for the season – a profitable bar and a family room. The club generously offered up one function/classroom in the remaining IP Office Main Stand. With its commitment to the family audience and the next generation of City supporters it sacrificed substantial bar income and designated the area the Family Room.
- Junior Grecian Family Zone was developed by Clive Harrison, City Community Trust (ECCT) and the Trust with a VIP Birthday Area, game stations, table football, TV screens, refreshments and free fruit to match the CITY Community Trust (ECCT) Health and Wellbeing agenda.
- The amalgamation of all supporters into one seated stand severely reduced available capacity this season. To compensate a section on the standing terrace was painted a different colour (white) to be used exclusively as a supervised family area and a block in the IP Office Main Stand (seated area) designated for young supporter activities including free ticket offers every match.
- We continue to offer the popular FREE glossy match day programme to young supporters.
- This season we introduced a free healthy eating (fruit) selection in the Junior Grecian Family Zone.
- Identified match day selfie/autograph opportunities as the players arrive on their way into a familiarisation visit to the Junior Grecian Family Zone. Alternatively the family can always pose by the permanent photo spot with a life size cut out of the boss
- Junior Grecian membership has quadrupled and well on its way to the magic 500 figure.
- A record 57 children took part in Kids in Charge 2017 with 22 genuine posts from Junior Chair to Junior Ambassador.
- City is a club that thinks FAMILY - the players are always out and about including visiting the hospital children’s ward at Christmas. Lee Holmes and his son even turned up to open our Junior Grecian Family Zone.
- Our match day kid prices include everyone up to 18.
- Match day activities like tombola, free player badges and volunteering to join the guard of honour selected from a different stand each match. There is also the opportunity to participate as a ball boy or ball girl or as a mascot.
- Exclusively for younger supporters activities like Club Nights, Meet the Players, Train with the First Team, Player signing evenings, Easter Bunny Bounce, Parties (e.g. Halloween, Christmas), quiz nights, activity days (like Crealy Adventure Park Away Day) and bingo evening.
- Traditional last game of the season free A3 autograph sheet with individual pictures of the whole squad to be signed sign on their thank you lap of honour.
The club are extremely grateful to Harry and Sebastian for their time and professional presentation. Sincere thanks are also extended to the cast of 1000s in the video.
Any questions regarding this feature should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.