Exeter City will kick-off their pre-season schedule in Jersey, with a pre-season camp at the end of June before, facing Jersery FA at the Springfield Stadium on Friday, June 28 in a 6.30pm kick off.
“We’ve long thought that more professional clubs could use the island as a training base, making use of our facilities and taking the opportunity to get away as a group,” said Jersey FA CEO Jean-Luc Desbois.
“It’s also great chance for Martin Cassidy’s side to test themselves against professional league opposition and we’re pleased to be building links with Exeter City which we hope will benefit our players and potentially provide them with a development pathway in the near future.”
The Springfield Stadium
Exeter City chairman Julian Tagg added: “We’ve been on a couple of fact-finding visits to the island and been impressed with the set-up over there. It’ll be a great base for our squad to bond as a group, begin preparations for next season and enjoy a match against the Jersey FA.
The relationship between the Jersey Football Association and Exeter City has been building over the past few months, with an under-12s side from Jersey recently travelling over to play against the Exeter City academy.
Admission prices for the match are as follows:
- £5 for adults
- £2 for under-16s
- Under-11s free if accompanied by an adult.
City's full pre-season schedule:
- Friday, June 28, 6.30pm: Jersey (away)
- Friday, July 5, 7pm: Truro City (away)
- Tuesday, July 9, 7.15pm: Tiverton Town (away)
- Friday, July 12, 7pm: Bath City (away)
- Tuesday, July 16, 7.30pm: Weston-super-Mare (away)
- Saturday, July 20: Swansea City (home)
- Thursday, July 25, 7pm: Taunton Town (away)
- Saturday, July 27, 3pm: Torquay United (away)
🎟 DEVON DERBY SOLD OUT! 🎟
Tickets for City's Devon Derby against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, October 26 are now SOLD OUT. Thank you for your support!