Exeter City manager Matt Taylor gave fans an update about a couple of potential signings ahead of the players return to pre-season training on Thursday.
Matt said a couple of contracts had been sent out an verbally agreed by players he is looking to bring to the club.
Speaking about the areas of the team he wanted to strengthen, Matt said: “On the back of the majority of players that have left the club, being defensive players, it is certainly the backline that we are looking to strengthen as our priority.
"We have sent out two contracts that have been agreed verbally, but not signed as of yet, so we are really pleased that if they get over the line over the next few days then we will have something to feedback to the fans.
"And hopefully those two players will be available to start next Thursday in terms of pre-season, bearing in mind that they have got a medical to pass and a few more details to finish off. They are both defensive positions and they will boost and bolster that backline to a certain extent.”
Speaking on the group of young players coming through, Matt added that he is excited about their potential and said they would be given a chance to impress.
“The young players need to step up this season," he said. "I am really excited to see how this young group do.
"They had a really strong under-23s campaign last season, which was cut short. I think we were due to play Newcastle in one of the rounds of the under-23 Premier League Cup and the majority of them featured in the Leasing.com Trophy run as well, but doing it three times a week in league football is a different animal.”
Watch Matt's full interview below