At Exeter City we actively promote Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in our behaviour, practices and values.
Football is for everyone; it belongs to and should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to participate in it, whether as a player, official, staff member, volunteer or spectator. We aim, therefore, to bring people together in a way that supports positive change, makes people feel valued and improves the lives and inclusive experience of our supporters and wider community.
As supporters, participants and staff of Exeter City, we are one family, and regardless of your background, it is fundamental to our values that everyone should be made to feel welcome as supporters of our Club. We are committed, therefore, to confronting and eradicating any form of discrimination, whether it is of race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, age, pregnancy or maternity, disability or gender reassignment. (Protected characteristics outlined within the Equality Act 2010).
We ensure that we treat everyone fairly and with respect, and that we provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to enjoy their experience with us. At Exeter City, we are proud to represent every part of our diverse community and for those that don’t share these views, we will not compromise on our values.
- We will take a strong stance on discriminatory language, abuse, chanting and behaviour of any kind.
- We expect our community to behave towards others in a manner consistent with principles of fairness, respect and tolerance.
- We find hateful behaviour based on any form of discrimination wholly unacceptable.
- We don’t want you at Exeter City if you can’t accept that, or if you behave in a manner that is incompatible with these values.
IN THE FIRST INSTANCE:
- We encourage you, if you see or hear racist, sexist, homophobic, or other behaviour of hate or division to use any of our reporting mechanisms. Collecting evidence quickly and efficiently allows us the best chance to deal with any incidents:
- Please report what you see or experience to any of our matchday stewards, or Text Help ECFC followed by your message to 62277 and our operations team will be notified.
- Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible.
- Supporters can also phone Kick It Out on 0800 169 9414, send an email to email@example.com or contact Kick It Out on social media -Twitter @kickitout or www.Facebook/kickitout/official.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- We will thoroughly investigate such incidents and any behaviour from an individual or group, which is calculated to divide our supporters and community, or cause trouble.
- We will deal with this appropriately and expediently, which may result in a banning order or ejection from our ground.
- We will continually review our methods, approach and means of dealing with such behaviour to help prevent further incidents.
- We believe that being inclusive and welcoming is an important part of what will make us successful, and the team that everyone in our community will be proud to support and be associated with.
This Policy is fully supported by Boards and Senior Management of the Club, Supporters Trust and Community Trust.