Exeter City Women are back in Cup action this weekend as Abingdon United visit the Exwick Sports Hub in a League Cup Plate tie.
- Abingdon are a new arrival to the National League, winning the Southern Women’s title last season. The Oxfordshire side won a title decider against Ascot United to secure their first experience in the fourth tier of Women’s football, Megan Crawford and Lindsay Pinker with the goals in the final league fixture of the season. Manager Danial Knight has recruited strongly over the Summer months, Billie French, Alice Bowden, Grace Eagles, Alex Ashely, Lucy Durham, Erin Hartigan and Libby Gilmore all arriving with previous National League experience.
United began with a competitive performance at Swindon Town, losing 4-2, before two wins at Portishead and at home to Maidenhead United have underlined the strength of Knight’s squad for the 2023/24 season. Grace Eagles has started life at The Northcourt strongly, three goals in her two games following a move from Larkhall Athletic.
Abbie Britton and Aaron Wakley’s side will be keen to continue to grow the momentum of their season and with several absentees this weekend it will prove another chance to utilise the full extent of this impressive City squad. The Grecians have been faultless in the league and, whilst the League Cup Plate may not be top of the priority list this season, it is a competition that City could go far in should they get beyond Sunday’s tie.
- Exeter City Women vs Abingdon United
- Sunday, September 10, 2pm kick-off
- Exwick Sports Hub, Ennerdale Way, EX4 2BQ
- £5 Adults, £3 Concessions (Cash and card payment at gate)
- Parking available
- Refreshments available
How to Follow
You can keep up to date with the action by following Exeter City Women on Twitter: @ExeterCityWFC