Supporters' Trust looking for deputy to Nigel Banks
Nigel Banks, the Supporters’ Trust Finance Officer, has decided to take a backseat after ten years and intends to step down at the conclusion of this year’s AGM. With this in mind, the Trust are looking to recruit a Deputy Finance Officer as soon as possible to work with Nigel over the next six months with a view to ensuring a smooth handover at the end of that period.
Initial time commitment can be flexible but for the Finance Officer it is likely to be on average five hours per week, and more at busy times. In addition to bookkeeping skills, a current working knowledge of PAYE, Corporation Tax and VAT are essential.
If you are interested in applying please send your details and a CV to the Secretary, Nick Hawker, at email@example.com or by post to ECFC Supporters’ Trust, Exeter City FC, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, EX4 6PX.
A full job description will be provided to candidates on application. However the duties will include:
• Maintaining the Society’s accounting records (currently a series of Excel spreadsheets)
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and cash flow.
• Attending Trust Board meetings, Trust Finance and Governance meetings and Club Finance Board meetings.
• Monthly payroll preparation
• Regular liaison with the Trust Membership Secretary
• Preparing annual returns of PAYE and Corporation tax and submission to HMRC
• Maintaining VAT records for the Society to monitor compliance with VAT regulations
• Liaison with all interested parties including Lloyds Bank, the Club Finance Department, the Society’s auditor and the Society’s insurers
It is probable that suitable applicants will be invited to an interview.