General information for supporters for derby fixtureWith a bumper crowd coming to St James Park for this Saturday’s meeting with Plymouth Argyle, we have put together some information for the Devon Derby to help supporters.
Please remember that the fixture is ALL-TICKET – meaning that there will be no sales at the stadium on matchday and all admission must be arranged in advance. Click here for full ticketing information for this fixture. Kick-off is at the earlier-than-usual time of 1pm. Also please don’t forget to bring your ticket along with you to the game!
With a big crowd coming for the game, please try to arrive early – the turnstiles will also be open early so it will be sensible to enter the ground at the earliest opportunity, in order to make sure that you don’t get caught in long queues and risk missing the start of the action.
We also ask that you positively support your own team and respect your opponents, and enjoy yourselves and the derby atmosphere.
• The match is all-ticket; there will be no in-person sales at St James Park on Saturday
• Telephone and in-person sales cease on Friday afternoon
• Online continue for registered fans until 10am on Saturday morning
• All newly-booked tickets will have to be collected from the stadium (last post was on Wednesday). If you have booked tickets for postal delivery but haven’t received them by Friday, contact Reception on 01392 411243 (opt 2 or 3)
• Ticket collection will be available from Reception until Friday afternoon; all remaining collections should be made from Ticket Booths on Saturday morning (from 10.30am onwards). All Thatchers Big Bank tickets should be collected from the Stadium Way Ticket Booth
• Click here for full ticketing information for this fixture
• Reception: 9.30am
• Club Shop: 10am
• Bars: 10.30am
• Ticket Booths: 10.30am
• Turnstiles: 11.30am
• VIP Entrances: 10.30am
• Guests will need to give names to staff at the gates to access Red Square, where the VIP entrances are situated
• Executive Box and Directors’ Box guests should please use a dedicated entrance to the right of the Grecian Lounge and Players’ Entrance on Stadium Way
• All other hospitality guests should please use the Paramount Personnel VIP Entrance between Reception and the Club Shop
• Red Square access will be restricted to home supporters with tickets only
• All home entry to the WTS Stand is via the Stadium Way turnstiles (access will not be possible from the St James Road end)
• The Stagecoach Stand turnstiles in Well Street, plus Jungle Path entrance to the Thatchers Big Bank, will be open as usual for home fans
• St James Road will be closed to traffic
• Pedestrian access to St James Road is not planned to be restricted, but police may enforce this on matchday if needed. City fans in the Stagecoach Stand are advised to use Well Street before and after the game
• We have no on-site parking available for supporters at St James Park; supporters are urged to use public transport wherever possible as street parking around the stadium will be extremely limited
• Buses and rail services offer convenient transport links to St James Park. To plan your route, you can click here to access the Stagecoach South West website for buses and click here for National Rail website for trains.
• The closest public car-parks are John Lewis NCP in King William Street, NCP in Belgrave Road, Bampfylde Street, The Triangle (behind Jury’s Inn and accessed from Clifton Road), Belmont, Parr Street. Click here for a map of city centre car-parks.
Any other information which you need to know, which could be added to this page to help fellow supporters? Email email@example.com.