Opportunity for young City supporters to go behind the scenes at Stevenage matchTWELVE PLACES ARE AVAILABLE for junior supporters behind the scenes at the Stevenage game on Sunday October 11th.
**Due to the large amount of requests received, we have now decided to extend the application period to Sunday 27th August. We still have a few posts yet to be filled!
These are genuine, money-cannot-buy opportunities at Exeter City.
The Stevenage game is really significant this year. Not only are the Sky cameras here, but it is also our Kick It Out campaign day. On top of that, we will be launching Kids In Charge, a chance for our Junior supporters to shadow important roles and show us how it should be done!
Exeter City are delighted with how many young fans we’ve seen coming through the turnstiles at St James Park. Many of them have taken advantage of our special “Kids Go Free” Stagecoach Stand offer (the offer is still available) or are at the home of the Grecians as season ticket holders. The Junior Grecian club member ranks have also swollen. Their special events have included a Train with the Players day, Meet the Players in the Princesshay Shopping Centre and of course the half-time shoot-out and mascot opportunities.
Now, as part of our Kids in Charge special, we’re giving our younger fans aged between 7 and 15 the chance to apply for a number of special roles here at SJP.
We have TWELVE opportunities up for grabs on the day, with two other lucky youngsters getting to visit the Cliff Hill Training Ground on Thursday 29th October (during half-term) to interview the manager and players as part of the weekly press call! The roles available are:
- Junior Chairman for the Day
- Match Day PA Assistant
- Match Day Media Assistant (Match and following the Other Junior Appointments)
- Clifford Hill training Ground Reporter
- Junior Steward
- Junior Players Car Park Assistant
- Junior Mascot
- Hospitality Master of Ceremonies
- Junior Groundsman
- Scoreboard operator
- Trust Ground Tour Leader
Apply by midday on Sunday 27th September and we’ll contact the winner’s parents with the good news and details of any short-listing processes. We’ll be following each winner during their time at the club, catching them on camera / video and getting their thoughts on their experiences and on the game.
Junior Chairman for the Day
Shadow Exeter City Chairman of the Board Julian Tagg for the afternoon. Including access to all parts of the Stadium to make sure the operation runs smoothly off the field. You will need to be conversational and smartly dressed youngster who will be happy to sit in luxury for a game and watch from the best seats in the house!
• You and up to three family members can park in the chairman’s space and enter through the Director’s Entrance
• Enjoy pre-match hospitality in the board room and mingle with our club directors and other VIP guests
• Take your seats in the Directors' Box for the game with Your family
• Enjoy refreshments at half-time and full-time
• Be involved in the Man of the Match ceremony after the game
Notes: Smart dress code is required in our board room – no jeans or football shirts are allowed!
Junior Match-day PA Assistant
Accompany our regular PA team, introducing the mascots, presentations and of course the half-Time FITC shoot-out. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, confident youngster who won’t mind speaking on the microphone (don’t worry, we can practice beforehand!).
• Help interview our Junior Chairman for the Day on the microphone.
• Visit the PA box and discover how our team play the music
• Enjoy the game with up to three family members from seats by the Dug Outs
Notes: Warm clothing and suitable footwear are needed for the day. Tickets for up to three accompanying family members will be provided.
Match Day Media Assistant
TV, radio and written media attend each Exeter City game and now you can join them. We’re after an aspiring journalist to take a look behind-the-scenes and see what our media manager gets up to on a match-day.
• Collect your press pass for the day which will allow you exclusive access around the stadium.
• Shadow our media manager and the team who collect the line-ups from the two teams and help type up the official team sheets
• Watch the game from the press box and observe how the different journalists work
• Watch the manager and player interviews after the game. You can even have your own post-match interview in front of the camera if you like!
Notes: Tickets will be provided adjacent to the press box for up to three accompanying family or friends
Cliff Hill Training Ground Reporter – Thursday 29th October (midday-1.30pm approx)
Fancy visiting the Cliff Hill Training Ground during your half-term break? We’re after two budding young journalists who fancy a sneaky peak around the training ground and asking Paul Tisdale and coaches/players some questions as part of the normal press call on Thursday 29th October.
• Tour of the Training Ground with our Media Manager
• Watch training
• Observe the weekly press conference with Paul Tisdale and the local press and ask your own questions!
• Enjoy lunch in the Training Ground.
Notes: Winners will need to be able to visit the training ground from mid-day until approximately 1.30pm on Thursday 29th October and must be accompanied by an adult. Photos and video of your visit may be taken for media purposes. Food requirements will be discussed with the winners.
An opportunity to attend the 10.30am Steward Briefing and help to make sure we enjoy a safe game.
The steward for the afternoon includes access to all parts of the Ground to make sure the operation runs smoothly off the field. You will need to be conversational and be able to wear something yellow if possible!
• You will visit the “control tower” and help with CCTV surveillance.
• Enjoy refreshments at half-time.
Junior (Players') Car Park Assistant
Shadow Maurice and the team between 10am and noon.
• Help the players park their cars safely in the car park
• Keep order for the players as autograph hunters mingle around the players along with others keen to get selfies.
• Watch the game with your family and the car park team from the old players' dug-out in the Main Stand
Notes: Smart warm dress code is required and if possible something yellow.
Junior Grecian the Lion
Shadow Grecian as he entertains the fans before the match and at half-time!
• Enjoy refreshments after half-time.
• Spend time on the pitch.
• Help adjudicate the half-time shoot out
Junior Hospitality Master of Ceremonies
Shadow Giles Ashman for the afternoon. You will need to be conversational and smartly-dressed, and happy to sit in luxury for a game and watch from the best seats in the house!
• Help interview the player/guest in the Apple Suite.
• Take the Player on a tour of the Executive Boxes.
• Help with half-time/end of match competition
• Help with the end of game presentations to Player of the Match and our sponsors that afternoon.
Notes: Smart dress code is required in hospitality and the executive Boxes – no jeans or football shirts are allowed.
• Shadow our head groundsman Clive Pring in preparing, watering and marking the pitch from 9am-noon.
• You might even get a ride on the Grecian Tractor.
Notes: Very warm clothes needed, as well as parents who are prepared to bring you to the ground and sit in the cold watching you prepare the pitch.
Shadow the match-day operator for the afternoon. Location cannot be guaranteed so you will need to be smartly-dressed and happy to sit anywhere!
• Press the magic button for Exeter 1 Stevenage 0 (hopefully!)
• Enjoy refreshments at half-time
Notes: Smart dress code is required – no jeans or football shirts are allowed.
Junior Tour Guide
Take your family and our other guests on a ground tour promoted by the Exeter City Supporters' Trust. This might be at a different home game, subject to demand.
Simply fill in the application form to get involved: [Page 1] [Page 2]