Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Ladies Report: Exeter City Ladies 1-4 Keynsham Town LFC

22 March 2016

Club News

Ladies Report: Exeter City Ladies 1-4 Keynsham Town LFC

22 March 2016

Ladies' difficult run continues

EXETER CITY LADIES fell to a 4-1 defeat to Keynsham Town for the second time this season.

With only three games left to play this season, the Ladies’ season is drawing to a close.

Last Sunday’s game against Keynsham Town LFC saw the Grecians move further down the table after a 4-1 home defeat.

City’s first chance came after quarter of an hour into the game. A through ball to striker Vic Barter left her one-on-one with the keeper, but her lob didn’t have enough height. The first goal came on the twenty-minute mark. A ball back to City keeper Abbie Bond was closed down quickly by the Keynsham striker forcing her into a mis-kick and allowing the ball to roll into an empty net.

The visitors doubled their lead just six minutes later. A shot by a Town midfielder was well saved by Bond, but the visiting player reacted quickly and slotted in the rebound. Two minutes later City had a great chance to pull one back. A low cross into the box from the wing by Helen Kukor just evaded on-rushing fellow striker Barter.

Keynsham made it three after half an hour. A ball over the top to the Keynsham striker evaded Bond, and the striker was left with an easy tap-in. City had a chance four minutes later when Kukor was put through on goal, but her shot was well saved by the keeper. The Grecians did out one away a couple minutes before half-time. Dani Barr put in a great corner that evaded the defenders and fell to Courtney Butt, who volleyed it high into the Keynsham net.

City manager Clem Bennellick was disappointed with the first-half performance and asked for a marked improvement in the second half.

The second half started quietly for both teams, with the first chance falling to City striker Kukor after fifty-three minutes. A long ball up the field by Butt was latched on to by Kukor, but her shot was straight at the goalkeeper.

Keynsham extended their lead twenty minutes later. A great strike by a Town forward from the edge of the box beat Bond. The last chance of the game fell to City defender and captain Catherine Wright. A free-kick on the edge of the area was whipped in by Barr and met by Wright, who put it just past the far post.

Overall Clem was disappointed with the application of the team and felt his players gave Keynsham far too much respect.
We would like to thank the Senior Reds for coming to support us at our last home game of the season.

 Next up is an away fixture against promotion chasing Swindon Town LFC on Sunday.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account