Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Loan Report: March 8th

8 March 2016

Club News

Loan Report: March 8th

8 March 2016

A look at how Grecians are getting on away from St James Park

CITY FAN Exiled Grecian delivers an update on the Grecians on loan away from St James Park.

Connor Riley-Lowe
Truro City, National League South (Joined in July, six-month loan extended until the end of the season)

In a performance that manager Steve Tully described as "below par", Truro managed to extend their unbeaten run in the league to ten games with victory over Chelmsford on Saturday. The former City captain collected his Manager of the Month award prior to kick-off, but the supposed curse associated with the honour wasn't apparent as Truro had a flurry of chances in the opening exchanges. However, in the second half it was Chelmsford who missed two great chances to take the lead. The Cornish side punished the hosts, with sub Craig Duff heading home a corner unmarked inside the six-yard box. The visitors would have Aaron Bentley sent off for a second yellow card, but held on comfortably to secure another three points.
Connor was subbed off for only the second time this season, having not been replaced mid-game since August.
League: 26 starts, 2 goals, 2279 minutes.
FA Cup: 3 starts, 252 minutes.
FA Trophy: 4 starts, 258 minutes.
Last game
5th February: Chelmsford 0-1 Truro, played 73 mins.
Matt Jay
Truro City, National League South (Joined in January, one-month loan extended until the end of the season)

Matt almost scored in the early flurry of Truro chances, his effort being clawed off the line by the keeper after Isaac Vassell's header found him at the back post. He was replaced in the sixty-third minute by Craig Duff, who scored what proved to be the winner just five minutes later.
Truro are now three points clear of play-off chasers Dartford with two games in hand. They are now on a run of one defeat in twenty-two league games and have lost just five games all season, a feat only bettered by the division's top two sides Ebbsfleet and Sutton (4 defeats each) .
Truro City:
League: 7 starts, 2 goals, 510 minutes.
Hayes & Yeading:
League: 6 starts, 2 goals, 540 minutes.
FA Trophy: 1 start, 90 minutes.

Last game
5th February: Chelmsford 0-1 Truro, played 63 mins.
Alex Byrne
Weston-super-Mare, National League South (Joined in July, six-month loan extended until the end of the season)
Alex dropped to the bench for Saturday's match against play off chasing Dartford. Weston took control of the game early on as top-scorer Scott Wilson tapped in at the far post for his tenth goal of the season after good work by Tristan Plummer. And the Bristol-born Wilson doubled the Seagulls' lead on thirty-two minutes, latching onto a long ball forward and showing great skill to dribble past two defenders before smashing it into the top-right corner. The visitors equalised three minutes into first half stoppage time, a mis-hit Ryan Hayes shot finding Andy Pugh unmarked in the six-yard box, whose blocked shot then fell kindly for George Sykes to nutmeg the defender on the line.
Early into the second half a mass brawl saw Dartford reduced to ten men, but it was the visitors who piled on the pressure with no end product. Alex was brought on in the fifty-fourth minute and helped Weston hold on to only their fourth home win of the season.
League: 24 appearances, 18 starts, 1689 minutes.
FA Cup: 2 starts.
FA Trophy: 3 starts, 270 minutes.
Last game
5th March: W-s-M 2-1 Chelmsford, played 36 minutes.
Jason Pope
Weston-super-Mare, National League South (Joined in July)

Jason was again involved from the start as Weston ended a run of three straight defeats on Saturday. This was only the second time Jason has played the full ninety minutes in a league game this season, the last time coming in the 5-5 draw against Hemel Hempstead back in January.

League: 6 appearances, 5 starts, 403 minutes
FA Trophy: 0 starts, 2 games, 46 minutes
Last game
5th March: W-s-M 2-1 Chelmsford, played 90 minutes.
James Hamon
Hayes & Yeading United, National League South (Joined in February, one-month loan)

Hayes hosted promotion-chasing Dartford on Tuesday night. The game started with a couple of half chances for each side. But on twenty-one minutes Elliot Benyon smashed home from close range after the keeper parried into his path. James then pulled off an excellent save from point-blank distance to keep his side in the lead, before two lucky deflections fell kindly to debutant Shepherd Murombedzi, who doubled the hosts' advantage twenty-eight minutes in at the second time of asking. Dartford pulled one back ten minutes later when a long throw fell to Tom Bradbrook, whose deflected shot wrong footed Hamon. And on the stroke of half time the visitors were level, a devastating counter-attack led to a cross at the far post where three Dartford players were waiting unmarked; of which Elliot Bradbrook was the one who duly obliged in heading past a stranded Hamon. Hayes shaded the second half, having one effort cleared off the line and another rattle the post as they fought hard for the three points.
Garry Haylock's men played Eastbourne Borough on Saturday. They started off poorly as a mistake from Hamon allowed Eastbourne to shoot from inside the six-yard box, which then ricoched off the post and a backtracking defender before bouncing into the net. Hayes offered very little going forward but were unlucky not to equalise late on when Eastbourne's keeper pulled off an incredible reaction save from a header in the six-yard box. The hosts brought out a couple of clever saves from James, but sealed a deserved three points in the ninety-first minute when Jack Evans tapped in a cross at the far post.

League: 3 starts, 1 clean sheet, 270 minutes
Last game
5th March: Eastbourne Borough 2-0 H&Y, played 90 minutes.
Toby Down
Willand Rovers, Western Football League Premier Division (Joined in February, one-month loan)

Willand's eleven-match unbeaten run came to an end last Tuesday as they lost 2-0 against play-off chasing Barnstaple Town. In a very open game, it was Willand who had the best chance to take the lead, but Tom Bath missed the target when one-on-one. Barnstaple then went on to score two goals directly from corners to secure only their second win since the start of the year. Rovers bounced back from the set back quickly though, beating lowly Longwell Green Sports 3-0 on Saturday.
Toby started both games for the Devonshire side and seems to have established himself as a regular first team player already.

League: 3 appearances, 2 starts, c. 210 minutes
Last game
5th March: Longwell Green Sports 0-3 Willand, started the game.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account