The major project to redevelop the stadium at Exeter City’s St James Park ground is nearing completion.
The £3.5million development has seen the building of the new Stagecoach Stand and the upgrading of the away end with a new stand.
Now in its 70th week, progress remains on target, with an expected completion date for the works of the second week in October.
A spokesman for the club said: "We are delighted with the progress of the project. To bring this in on time, despite the extremely bad weather at the start of the year, is a real achievement and we would like to record our thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to make this possible."
In the last month, the following activities have taken place:
- Block work to the Undercroft has been completed with the ceilings and internal fit out well underway. The windows and lights have been installed.
- External cladding is near complete and the scaffolding removed off site.
- The new Stagecoach stand is being cabled for lighting, CCTV and PA systems.
- The Triangle toilets and refreshment unit have been installed, as have the facilities for the Away End.
- The Jungle Path turnstiles have been refurbished and are now in use.
- The bases for the Away Stand have been exposed and drilled and the erection of the frame for the Away Stand has started.
Once the contractors hand over the stand, the club will complete its internal fit-out works. If the project remains on schedule there will be a phased opening of the stand with the match against Forest Green Rovers on October 27 anticipated to be the first time it will be in use.
2019/20 Season tickets on sale now!
Season Tickets for the 2019/20 campaign are now on sale at full price and offer great value savings on admission to St James Park, for all ages.
Adults can watch the Grecians for as little as £15 a match in the Thatchers Big Bank, a saving of £3 per-match on gate prices. Under-18s can watch the Grecians for as little as £4 a match with under-12s priced at just £3 per match.
Click here to find out more!