This weekend's One of Our Own Cup virtual match has been designed by the Supporters' Trust to achieve the following aims:
- Test the club's brand-new ticketing system ahead of the 2021/22 season
- Provide a once in a lifetime engagement opportunity for some of our youngest supporters
- Raise vital funds for Exeter City Community Trust & Exeter Community Initiatives
- Create the "One of Our Own" supporters prize draw, which includes some money can't buy prizes
If you would like to support one or more of these initiatives, then please click here
to buy your prize draw 'match' ticket
If you would like to learn more before making your purchase, please read on....
WHAT IS THE VIRTUAL MATCH?
The One of Our Own Cup is an initiative from the Supporters’ Trust, designed primarily to provide an engagement opportunity for some of our Junior Grecians and to help raise funds for Exeter City Community Trust and Exeter Community Initiatives.
The game itself will take place though ‘live updates’ on Twitter - @ECFCST
- on May 16 at 3pm, where you will be able to see how our team of Junior Grecians competition winners get on as they go head-to-head with some of our prized academy graduates in a fictional game based upon our top-secret match generator.
There will be a host of other features on Twitter throughout the day, but even if you don’t tune in for the virtual game, please do go ahead and purchase a ticket for the chance to win one of our prizes and to support two outstanding local charities.
Whilst the match is virtual, your ticket will be used to enter you into the One of Our Own Cup prize draw, with prizes including:
- Half-day at the training ground up to four people
- Signed First Team Shirts
- Our new limited edition One of Our Own Shirts – Signed by an academy graduate
- Signed Kick it Out T-Shirts
- Bonus runner-up mystery prizes
Winners will be announced in the week following the virtual match.
The virtual match ticketing process is also being used to test the club’s new ticketing system. Each ticket has been costed to give a range of options for your donation to our chosen charities, and so the prices are as follows:
- Seated: £5.00 Adult /£2.00 Kids
- Family: £10.00 Family (2x Adult & 2x Kids) *discount automatically applied at checkout
- Standing: £3.50 /£1.50 Kids
As always, feedback on the ticketing system would be welcomed, so please share any thoughts via firstname.lastname@example.org
In the past year, these organisations have been a part of the City’s community covid response, and whilst there are better times ahead for many of us, there are still those within the City and Greater Exeter area who will benefit hugely from the direct support that your donation/ticket price will help these charities to provide.
You can also help to raise funds for CCT and ECI by sponsoring the game. So far, we have raised £1,100 thanks to the generous support shown through sponsorship from Crealy Theme Park & Resort, Carpetright, Pellew Carpets & Flooring, Stuart Gray Maintenance, The Light Brown Partnership, the London Exiles, the North Devon Grecians, the Exeter City Supporters Club, ECWFC.FANS, Wilf Walsh, and Alistair Yates.
These sponsorships are invaluable to our aim of raising money for the City Community Trust and Exeter Community Initiatives, and should you also wish to help to raise funds for these incredibly valuable community organisations, then please contact our Director of Community Engagement, Elaine Davis via email@example.com