Exeter City make the long journey to 7th placed Mansfield Town for Friday night football under the lights!
Here’s an away day guide for all those making the epic journey to Nottinghamshire.
- Name: One Call Stadium
- Capacity: 9,168
- Year opened: ‘Before 1861’
- Record Attendance: 24,467 (v Nottingham Forest, 10th January 1953)
- Address: Field Mill, Quarry Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5DA
Previously known as the Field Mill, the One Call Stadium is the oldest in the football league, having hosted football since the 1950’s. The historic ground was located directly across the road from a large water-powered textile mill before it was demolished in 1925. The ground changed its name to the One Call Stadium in April 2012 due to a new sponsorship deal.
The first team to be formed in Mansfield was the Greenhalgh’s XI which was founded in 1861 for the employees of the textile mill. The team slowly grew and entered the FA Cup for the first time in 1891.
The opponents are anticipating a record season attendance with City fans able to purchase tickets on the day.
Tickets are now only available on the day at the following prices, and can be purchased with CASH ONLY.
- Adults: £25
- Senior 65+: £22
- Young Adult 18-21: £19
- Junior 7-17: £16
- Under 7: Free
Ambulant and wheelchair disabled: Pay relevant age category with proof of DLA
Any tickets purchased on the day will incur an extra £2 charge and can be paid only in cash.
Please note that all tickets bought will show the original date of Saturday 5th March.
Travel to the One Call Stadium
By Car: (Estimated 3 hrs 45 mins)
The address is Field Mill, Quarry Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5DA.
- From Exeter, travel onto the M5 before merging onto the M42 towards N.E.C and The North.
- From here, continue onto the A42 and then the M1 towards Nottingham.
- 19 miles later take the exit onto the A608 in the direction of Mansfield.
- At the next roundabout take the third exit onto Mansfield Road towards Hucknall and the A611.
- Take the second exit at the next two roundabouts before ensuring you stay left for the remainder of the journey towards the stadium.
Mansfield are unable to offer match day parking at the stadium but do have other options:
Grove Street, NG18 1EL: This car park charges 70p per hour and is a 10-minute walk to the stadium.
Watermeadows, NG18 1HA: £1 per hour and free disabled parking for blue badge holders. Only a 4-minute walk to the stadium.
Robin Hood Line Station, NG18 1HA: 70p per hour or a 24hr ticket for £3. Disabled parking is free within designated spaces for blue badge holders and a 4-minute walk to the stadium.
Please ensure you park responsibly and considerate to others car park users.
The best option to get you to the ground with plenty of time is:
- 12:27 CrossCounty towards Newcastle and change at Derby
- 16:00 CrossCounty towards Nottingham.
- 16:58 East Midlands Railway towards Mansfield Woodhouse and get off at Mansfield Station to arrive at 17:30.
There is a 7-minute walk to the stadium from the station
Grecian Travel is available for the trip up north.
The coach will depart from Unit 1 nightclub at 13:15pm for a cost of £40 for adults and £35 for under-16s.
Pick up points include: Honiton Road park and ride (by Miller and Carter Steakhouse), junction 28 (Cullompton services), junction 27 (Tiverton), junction 25 (Taunton). All other pick-ups by prior arrangement.
PLEASE NOTE: Face coverings are required to travel on Grecian Travel. This does not apply if you are exempt.
How to buy
Currently Grecian Travel can only be booked directly.
Pubs and matchday refreshments:
There are pubs available prior to the match in the town centre, which around a 10-minute walk to the ground. The majority of pubs are friendly and welcoming for away supporters.
- The Midland Hotel: A 10-minute walk to the Stadium. Station Road, Mansfield, NG18 1LP
- The Bold Forrester: A 16-minute walk to the Stadium. Bold Forester, Botany Ave, Mansfield NG18 5NG.
- Sir John Cockle: A 21-minute walk from the stadium. Sir John Cockle, Sutton Rd, Mansfield NG18 5EU
Food and Drink at the Stadium
Sausage roll £2.50
Mushy peas £1.50
Pie, crisps/choc and a soft/hot drink £6.00
Pie and alcoholic drink £6.00
Crisps, chocolate and a hot or soft drink £4.50
Sammy's Snack Box - Six chicken nuggets, drink, fruit, biscuit & activity set £3.00
Bovril/tea/coffee/hot chocolate £2.50
Soft drink £2.50
Our vegan option is a Mediterranean tart, which is available upon request and will be cooked to order on arrival.
Flags and Banners
Thank you for your outstanding support so far this season and we hope to see as many proud Grecians make the journey on Friday night.