Loan Report: December 21st

Connor Riley-Lowe
Truro City, National League South (Joined in July, six-month loan)

Following their 2-2 draw against Cirencester the previous Saturday, Truro were again in action against the Gloucestershire outfit on Tuesday. It was a hard-fought game, and with extra time looming, Truro were awarded a penalty in the eighty-sixth minute. Shane White kept his cool from the spot and Connor was substituted with just two minutes left, as Truro held on to secure a place in the Second Round of the FA Trophy for the first time in their history.

Truro were straight back into league action on Saturday, winning 1-0 courtesy of a Shane White penalty for the second time in the space of a week, this time against Eastbourne Borough. Connor again played the full ninety minutes, proving once again that he is an integral part of Steve Tully's outfit

League: 19 starts, 2 goals, 1666 minutes.
FA Cup: 3 starts, 252 minutes.
FA Trophy: 3 starts, 168 minutes.
Last game
19th December: Truro 1-0 Eastbourne Borough, played 90 mins.

Cameron Gill
Truro City, National League South (Joined in December, one-month loan)

Last week, Cameron became the third City player to join Truro this season, signing on a one-month loan. He got his first taste of senior competitive football on Saturday, coming on with seven minutes left as Truro were battling to hold on to a 1-0 lead against nine-man Eastbourne. He had the chance to seal the points, but he hit his shot over the crossbar as Truro survived to claim their eighth win of the season.

League: 0 starts, 1 game, 7 minutes.
Last game
19th December: Truro 1-0 Eastbourne Borough, played 7 mins.

Alex Byrne
Weston-super-Mare, National League South (Joined in July, six-month loan)

Weston-Super-Mare's FA trophy match was postponed yet again last Tuesday and should now go ahead on Tuesday the 22nd of December. The Seagulls were back in league action on Saturday, as they hosted Bishop's Stortford. Mikel Suarez had given the visitors a half time lead, but Scott Wilson bundled in the equaliser with just over twenty minutes to go, as the two teams played out a 1-1 draw. Alex again played the full ninety minutes and is now fully settled in the starting XI.

League: 15 appearances, 11 starts, 1016 minutes.
FA Cup: 2 starts.
FA Trophy: 1 start.
Last game
19th December: W-s-M 1-1 Bishop's Stortford, played 90 minutes.
Jason Pope
Weston-super-Mare, National League South (Joined in July, six-month loan)

Jason was once again made to watch Weston's game from the bench, as he continues to search for his first senior game in almost three months.

League: 1 start, 65 minutes
Last game
3rd October: Margate 0-2 W-s-M, played 65 minutes before being replaced by Alex Byrne.
Matt Jay
Hayes & Yeading - National League South (Joined in November, one-month loan)

Garry Haylock's men were up against Maidstone United on Saturday, as they seeked to distance themselves from the relegation zone. Elliot Benyon gave them the lead on thirty-nine minutes, after he was put through one-on-one. The goal probably should not have stood, as the former Torquay striker looked a couple of yards offside when the ball was played. Matt did have an effort from outside the area blocked in what turned out to be an end-to-end game, but there were no more goals as the London side claimed a valuable home win. Matt Jay put in a big shift, which was epitomised as he chased down and blocked a  Maidstone cross in the last kick off the game. They now face Weston-super-Mare on Boxing Day.

League: 4 starts, 2 goals, 360 minutes.
FA Trophy: 1 start, 90 minutes.
Last game
19th December: Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Maidstone United, played 90 minutes.