It’s great to see Ethan doing so well and we continue to monitor the number of appearances made by Ethan for Chelsea and ensure the contract details are being adhered to.
For clarification, although Ethan has started for Chelsea in the Checkatrade Trophy, arbitration does not consider this as one of the appearances counted towards the payment to Exeter City, because they are for Chelsea’s under-21 side rather than first team.
Below are the details of the matches which do count towards the total. These comprise of seven starts and five substitute appearances, meaning three more appearances will trigger the next payment.
- CFC V NFFC EFLC 20/09/17 Sub
- CFC V EFC EFLC 25/10/17 Start
- HTAFC V CFC 12/12/17 Sub
- CFC V AFCB EFLC 20/12/17 Start
- CFC V NCFC FAC 17/01/18 Start
- CFC NUFC FAC 28/01/18 Sub
- CFC V HCT FAC 16/02/18 Start
- CFC V POAK EUL 29/11/18 Sub
- MOL V CFC EUL 13/12/18 Start
- CFC V NFFC FAC 05/01/19 Start
- CFC V SWFC FAC 27/01/19 Start
- CFC V MFF EUL 21/03/19 Sub
To date, we have received the appropriate compensation and payment for Ethan signing a professional contract, the agreed number of first team appearances and a senior international cap.
We are proud of Ethan’s achievements and continue to wish him every success in his footballing career.