Exeter City are in Southern Group E in this season's EFL Trophy and will face West Bromwich under-21s, Swindon Town and Forest Green Rovers in Group E.
Each EFL club will play two group games at home, with the invited under-21 clubs playing all three of their group games away. The top two teams from each will progress to the knockout stages.
The EFL Trophy will officially get underway in matchday one during week commencing September 7, and culminating at Wembley Stadium for the final on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
The competition format remains unchanged, however, the title sponsorship with Leasing.com has come to an end so the competition will revert back to the EFL Trophy.
The dates for the 2020/21 EFL Trophy are as follows:
- Matchday 1 - 8/9 September 2020
- Matchday 2 - 6/7 October 2020
- Matchday 3 - 10/11 November 2020
- Round of 32 - 8/9 December 2020
- Round of 16 - 12/13 January 2021
- Quarter-finals - 2/3 February 2021
- Semi-finals - 16/17 February 2021
- Final - 14 March 2021
Details of fixtures dates and kick-off times will be announced.