Staff at Exeter City have been working hard with the local authorities and relevant organisations to enable us to allow spectators back in to St James Park following last weeks announcements from the government.
The Papa John's Trophy match on Tuesday, December 8 will be considered our test event to enable us to ensure that safety is given the upmost priority for the first full event, the EFL League Two match on Saturday, December 12.
Capacity for the Papa Johns Trophy match will be reduced and we anticipate this will be no more than 1200.
Details of how season ticket holders can purchase tickets will be released shortly, please bear with us whilst we agree the details of this process that will reflect the detailed guidance from Government, the EFL and Sports Ground Safety Authority.
We are working to reallocate season ticket holders to reflect the social distancing rules that now apply, however in the meantime a few key headlines that supporters should be aware of:
- Face masks must be worn at all times once you have entered the stadium
- No food or drink concessions will be open within the stadium
- Supporters are asked not to bring bags into the stadium to help speed up the entry time
- A supporter’s code of conduct will be mandatory
- No transfer of tickets will be allowed to ensure that supporters comply with full track and trace procedures
- Spectators on the Big Bank will need to stay on allocated markers to comply with social distancing methods
- Hand sanitiser will be in place within the stadium and should be used on entry and when passing designated points
- Exit from the stadium will be staggered to ensure social distancing
Whilst at this stage we hope to be able to allow the 2,000 people in to St James Park, we should point out that our socially distanced crowd will only increase minimally if we were to enter Tier 1 at any stage, we want to be transparent and ensure that we do not falsely raise any hopes.
We will continue to try and adapt to new guidance but we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please refrain from calling the club around tickets at this increasingly busy period unless you are a season ticket holder.