After a long and tough eighteen months, Exeter City Football Club is delighted to be able to welcome supporters back to St James Park from August 7 for the 21/22 Sky Bet League Two season opener against Bradford City.
Understandably, fans may have concerns or queries regarding their experience on returning to St James Park, given the current landscape, and we are keen to reassure everyone that we will continue to do all we can to look after the welfare of our fans, players, and staff.
The club is adopting a five-point plan to make sure we keep our fellow Grecians safe and please note that these are purely for guidance.
- Whilst we will not be enforcing Covid passports we ask that people work to the principles where possible such as either a double dose vaccine or a negative test within 48 hours of the match.
- Please sanitise hands on arrival.
- We ask that you wear a face mask whilst moving around the stadium to reduce risk. We hope that spectators will support this measure to keep each other safe.
- Capacities will be reduced in standing terraces and indoor bars, whilst also providing some areas where spectators can socially distance should they wish to.
- We reserve the right to remove spectators if we consider their behaviour is putting the safety of others at risk. We know we have fantastic supporters and seek your help in making sure that St James Park is a safe and welcoming stadium for all.
Please note that the above five-point plan is not conditions of entry and will not be enforced by match day stewards. However, we do consider it our duty to provide the safest possible environment for supporters returning to watch the Grecians.
As always please use government guidelines for any covid symptoms and stay at home. Likewise, if you are isolating you must stay at home until cleared to return. We are looking forward to seeing you all back home, please help us to help keep you as safe as possible.
We can’t wait to have you back, HOME!