The Exeter City Football Club Museum Trust is looking to appoint a volunteer to carry out the role of Secretary to the Board of Trustees.
The Museum has been a registered charity since 2018.
We are seeking a proactive and motivated individual to act as Secretary to the Board. The successful applicant will provide part-time administrative support for the Trustees.
The Exeter City Football Club Museum is already establishing itself as a leading practitioner in the field of sporting heritage with a positive profile within the local community, nationally and internationally.
Our website is here:- https://www.ecfcmuseum.com/
And our online archive is here:- http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/
Scope of the Role
The Company Secretary is responsible for the efficient administration of the Charity, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of trustees are implemented.
As a company secretary, you’ll need to:
- Report to the chairman and liaise with board of trustees.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Ensure policies are kept up to date and approved by the board of trustees.
- Complete the annual return to the Charity Commission , and support the board in compliance with their requirements
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise members of the legal, governance, accounting departments of the implications of proposed policies.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and auditors.
This role will suit a self-motivated person.
To apply, submit a covering letter and CV and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 1st August 2021.