This Saturday's match against Bristol Rovers is our dedicated 'Green Football Weekend' match! As the club strives to do more to help tackle climate change. Together, we can make a difference for our planet!
The Green Football Weekend takes place on 3-5 February 2024, with more than 80 of the UK’s professional clubs involved including the Grecians.
As part of our participation, we invite you to join us in making a pledge in support of Exeter City on Pledgeball, a website that mobilises football fans to bring about change by reducing their environmental impacts. By making a pledge, you will help Exeter City in our Pledgeball League campaign and join fans across the world in pledging to take action to #ProtectWhereWePlay.
Pledgeball is based on scientific research that shows that collective action can have a significant impact on reducing carbon emissions. You can pledge in support of Exeter City by visiting this link and choosing one or more of the following pledges:
- Switching off lights and appliances when not in use
- Using public transport or cycling instead of driving
- Eating less meat and more plant-based foods
- Buying local and seasonal food
- Avoiding single-use plastics
- Recycling and composting waste
- Planting trees or supporting reforestation projects
You can also create your own pledge based on your personal preferences and goals. The more pledges you make, the higher your position in the Pledgeball League table. You can see how other fans are doing and get inspired by their pledges.
How to make a pledge
To report your pledges on Pledgeball, simply click on 'Make A Pledge' on this page and enter the club name (Exeter City), locate the fixture (3 February vs Bristol Rovers), click on Exeter City, enter your name, email address, and your chosen pledges. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to update your pledges after matchday.
This weekend we are marking our participation with the following:
1) In hospitality the default menu has been swapped to a vegetarian option to give supporters the option to try a more sustainable lunch (meat option avaialble on request)
2) Those who take public transport to the match will be able to claim a free tea or coffee at SJP when showing a public transport tickt that has been used on the day, or proof of their journey.
3) The Big Screen and LED boards will be used to share key messages around the campaign.
4) There will be a Sunday morning litter pick around SJP with Exeter City Council and sponsors Optimising IT
5) Exeter Community Energy will be setting up gazebo on matchday at SJP to enable local people to own renewable energy and energy saving projects.
6) There will be Exeter Foodbank donation points avaialble at SJP, which will be used to purchase vegetarian food with funds raised.
7) The matchday programme, The Grecian will feature coverage of the campaign and some healthy recipies.
8) City's Sustainability Officer Travis Bramley will be on the club's Park Life Podcast to talk abou the campaign.
9) There will be donation bins for children’s sports clothes in aid of Jelly Charity shop at SJP
10) We will donate tickets to a couple of environmentally-minded charities.