Health and Safety Policy
Exeter City Football Club Health, Safety and Welfare Policy
Exeter City AFC Ltd (The Club) is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards of health, safety and welfare as far as is reasonable and practicable in respect of:
- Employees of the Club;
- Tenants of the Club's property;
- Contractors working on the Club's property or projects;
- Volunteers, supporters, and visitors to the Club's property;
The Club will meet its obligations under health, safety and welfare legislation in relation to:
- The Club’s own sites;
- Premises and sites owned or managed by the Club;
- Employees of the Club visiting other locations;
- Members of the community who may be affected by the Club's activities.
The Club supports the concept of joint consultation with employees on matters of health, safety, and welfare. The Club has a Health, Safety and Welfare Committee (the Representatives of Employee Safety) which provides a forum for consultation on health, safety and welfare at work matters.
Our statement of General Policy is:
- Establish health, safety and welfare as a core business value;
- to provide adequate control of the health, safety and welfare risks arising from our work activities;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health, safety and welfare;
- to ensure safe manual handling;
- to provide information, instruction, and supervision in the use of substances;
- to provide information, instruction, and supervision to employees;
- to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- to investigate accidents/incidents that adversely affect health, safety and/or welfare to eliminate or reduce to as low a level as is practicable;
- to create a culture that is intolerant of accidents, incidents, and poor performance;
- eliminate all preventable illnesses, injuries, and business losses due to unplanned events throughout our operations and premises;
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- to review and revise the full policy as necessary at regular intervals.
This policy is intended to provide a summary of Exeter AFC’s arrangements for managing health, safety and welfare. It is intended to help those involved, as designated in the Exeter City AFC Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and alongside the Exeter City AFC Staff Handbook (attached), discharge their duties effectively.
This statement, policy and arrangements are available on the Club’s shared drive and manual copies are held within each Department. It will be updated as necessary and reviewed on an annual basis. Amendments will be issued as required.
[Signed on original]
Chairman Board of Directors
Dated: 31 Jan 17