Prior to kick-off at yesterday's match against Swindon Town, the achievements of both Steve Flack and Jonathan Forte were celebrated.
An inscribed silver salver was presented by Nick Hawker, Supporters' Trust Chairman to Steve Flack as scorer of the very first goal under Supporters' Trust ownership against Halifax Town on August 9, 2003.
15 years later, on Saturday, September 22 2018, Jonathan Forte had the honour of scoring the 1000th goal under Trust ownership, rounding-off a 3-1 win over Cheltenham Town. It fell to Steve Flack to present Jonathan with his own silver salver commemorating that moment.
Thank you to all the businesses that supported the 1000th goal campaign with sponsorship. The money has been used for camera equipment for the Media and Marketing team.
Recap Trust Goals 990 to 1000👇
- Goal 990: Jayden Stockley vs Cambridge United
- Goal 991: Pierce Sweeney vs Notts County
- Goal 992: Jayden Stockley vs Notts County
- Goal 993: Pierce Sweeney vs Notts County
- Goal 994: Jayden Stockley vs Notts County
- Goal 995: Aaron Martin vs Notts County
- Goal 996: Dean Moxey vs Mansfield Town
- Goal 997: Nicky Law vs Mansfield Town
- Goal 998: Pierce Sweeney vs Cheltenham Town
- Goal 999: Jayden Stockley vs Cheltenham Town
- Goal 1000: Jonathan Forte vs Cheltenham Town
This year we not only celebrate those 1,000 goals, but 110 years of professional football at St James Park, 15 years of Supporters' Trust ownership, a covered away terrace (for the first time ever!) and, at long last, a brand spanking new grandstand, aptly titled the 'Stagecoach Adam Stansfield Stand.
If you are not a member of the Supporters' Trust, please consider joining the journey and help taking the club to greater levels, both on and off the pitch.
You can join here for as little as £2.00 per month.
🎟 PLACE YOUR TRUST IN CITY 🎟
Season tickets for the 20/21 campaign are now on sale and play a huge part in enabling your club remains financially stable and well prepared
By purchasing a season ticket in the super saver period, you will not only make huge and the best savings on admission for the campaign, but enable the club to operate fully whilst we have a period of no matches and minimal income. Find out more by clicking here.